FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

The Secretary/Treasurer is in Monday & Wednesday’s 8:30am – 2:30pm. It is best to call ahead to make sure she is in the office before you make the trip in as she attends various meetings & trainings occasionally.

The Zoning Officer is by appointment only.

10411 Route 98, Edinboro, Pa 16412. At the intersection of Route 98 & New Road.

  • New Years Day
  • Good Friday
  • Memorial Day
  • Independence Day
  • Labor Day
  • Veteran’s Day
  • Thanksgiving Day
  • 1st Day of Hunting
  • Christmas Eve Day
  • Christmas Day

The Supervisors hold their general meetings the third Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm unless otherwise stated on the monthly calendar.

You can call the Secretary up until the day of the meeting and ask to be put on the agenda. You will need to give your name and the general nature of what you would like to speak about. You are not required to be on the agenda to speak, there is a section of the meeting where the Supervisors will address anyone from the floor that may have something they would like to talk about.

The meeting minutes are available to view at the Township Building upon their completion by the Secretary. They are not approved however, until the following meeting. Minutes are put on the Township website after they are approved. If copies are requested prior to approval, they will be made with the word “DRAFT” written on them. All copies will be .25 cents per page.

No you can use anyone you would like to use.

If you are installing a concrete driveway, it must be level with or below the road surface. You MUST talk to the Roadforeman prior to installing any driveway that opens onto a Township road. 814-734-3521.

If you live on a Township road, you are required to buy the pipe (diameter will be recommended by the road foreman) and the Township will install it for a fee. If you live on a State road, you must go through PennDOT. Penndot 814-871-4411.

This is the entire legal width of a dedicated road. All public roads in Franklin Township have a right of way of 50′. Most times a portion of the road right of way is in what you consider your front yard. One easy way to measure an approximate measurement is to measure back 25′ from the center of the road. When in doubt, have the Road foreman come mark the right of way for you. This only applies to Township roads, not PennDOT roads.

If you live on Route 98, Crane, Old State, West Stancliff from Route 98 to Eureka, or Eureka going north from West Stancliff your road is maintained by PennDOT.

You need to speak to the Zoning Officer, Ralph Breiding. You can call 814-392-6245.

Information regarding your registration status or affiliation must be obtained through the Voter Registration office at the Erie County Court House at 140 W. 6th St. 814-451-6275.